The HArd Things to be Thankful For

Thanksgiving is almost upon us and its time to be grateful for all the amazing things in our lives. But recently I learned that there are two types of things to be thankful for: The easy things and the hard thing. Its easy to be thankful for your house, your family and friends, but its hard to be thankful for the ability to cry, to fight back when something wrong has been done to you, the ability to mourn over things, the ability to have such close relationships that you miss them when they're gone. Today instead of being thankful for all of the easy things, I'm going to appreciate the hard things.

I'm thankful for-
the ability to miss someone
the ability to complain about something
the ability to freely express my frustration
the ability to fail a quiz
the ability to cry on my friend's shoulder
the ability to laugh through the pain
the ability to have my own opinion about something
the ability to talk about controversial topics
the ability to oppose the government
the ability to disagree with someone
the ability to argue my point of view
the ability to not have to be forced into military service

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

20 Facts About Me